- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Through your use of our Services, we collect personal information, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. We collect personal information from you directly and automatically as you use our Website.
- Information We Collect From You
We will collect personal information from you when you:
- Apply for employment. When you apply for employment with Pregis, you will need to create an account on our candidate portal. To do so, we collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, and selected password). Once your account is created, we will also collect additional personal identifiers (physical address and telephone number) and your professional or employment information (resume, cover letter, employment history, and educational history). We use this personal information to create your candidate portal account, assess and manage your application with Pregis, and as necessary to comply with the law. The legal basis for this processing is that the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or to take steps, at your request, before entering a contract. We also process this personal information as part of our legitimate interest in the facilitation and optimization of our recruitment process.
- Contact us. When you contact us or submit an inquiry, you will need to provide us with your personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, company name, and postal code) and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Services. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Download an eBook. If you download a Pregis eBook, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, and company name). We use this personal information to fulfill your request to receive our eBook. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Request a service call. If you request a service call, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, company name, and postal code) and your commercial information (equipment purchased and serial number). We use this personal information to schedule your service call, communicate with you, and troubleshoot where necessary. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Subscribe to Pregis updates. When you subscribe to Pregis updates, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, company name, postal code, country, state/region, phone number and email address). We use this personal information to fulfill your request to receive updates from Pregis. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
In our processing of your personal information, we may also use your personal information to defend our rights and the rights of others, to efficiently maintain our business, to comply with the law as, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION. This is part of our legitimate interest in the performance of our contractual obligations, protection of legal rights, compliance with legal obligations, and protection of the rights of others.
- Information Collected From Third-Party Sources
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and sources such as social media websites and trade associations.
- Information Collected Automatically
In addition to the personal information you provide directly to us, we may also collect information from you automatically as you use our Website. This includes the following internet or other electronic network activity information:
- Usage information. This includes information about your interaction with our Website, such as the pages you visit, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, what you click on while using our Website, and referring website addresses.
- Device information. This includes certain information about the device you use to access our Website, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operating system, and your preferences.
- Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
To collect this information, our Website uses the following cookies:
- Essential cookies. We use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of the Website, and to enable our Website and its features to function properly.
- Functional cookies. We use functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, remember your preferences, diagnose server and software errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Analytics cookies. Analytics cookies allow us and our analytics providers to recognize and count the number of users to the Website, see how users interact with the Website and different functions, and when users are using the Website. We use this information to improve the Website. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of sharing through cookies, please visit our cookie management platform.
- Advertising cookies. Advertising cookies identify and store behaviors that users take when visiting our Website. These cookies are used in order to identify you as a prospect for our Services, deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of sharing through cookies, please visit our cookie management platform.
- Social media cookies. Our Website includes social media widgets. These widgets may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website. These widgets may set a cookie or utilize other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media widgets are hosted by a third-party and your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Particular cookies to note for users of our Website include:
- Facebook: We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook's Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads and sharing by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Hubspot: We use HubSpot to analyze data traffic on our Website and your behavior while using our Website. We use this information to gain valuable insights into user behavior on our Website to improve our Website.
- Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a tag management system to manage tags used for tracking and analytics on our Website. Tags are small code elements that, among other things, are used to manage traffic and visitor behavior and to test and optimize websites. We utilize Google Tag Manager to manage and organize all third-party tags on our Website and to control when those tags are triggered. You can view more information about Google Tag Manager’s privacy practices.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- General Sharing
- Within Pregis. We may share your personal information within the Pregis corporate family, including with subsidiaries or affiliates, for legitimate business purposes, to efficiently carry out our business, and to the extent permitted by law. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business operations efficiently.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business operations.
- To prevent harm. We will share personal information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person. The legal basis for this is compliance with the law, compliance with legal obligations, and our legitimate interest in the protection of the rights of others.
- For legal purposes. We will share personal information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal processes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or contractual obligations; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us and our legitimate interest in compliance with other laws applicable to Pregis.
- Sharing in the Preceding 12 Months for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, Pregis has disclosed the following personal information for a business purpose with the following categories of third parties:
- We have disclosed your internet or other electronic network information collected by cookies to our IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to identify and repair Website errors.
- We have disclosed your internet or other electronic network information collected by cookies to our IT support to update, improve, and maintain the Website.
- Sale of Personal Information in the Preceding 12 Months
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Pregis has shared your internet or other electronic network activity information collected via cookies and other tracking technologies with data analytics providers and advertising partners. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of this sharing, please visit our cookie management platform.
- RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants certain rights to California residents. If our processing of your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to access. You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you within the preceding 12 months. You may only make a request for access twice within a 12-month period.
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to opt-out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Pregis does not have actual knowledge that it sells personal information of minors under the age of 16 years.
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
To exercise your right to access or delete your personal information, you may submit a request via telephone at 1-800-468-4284 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For requests submitted via telephone and email, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
- RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
Individuals in the European Union (EU) are entitled to certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If our processing of your personal information is subject to the GDPR, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right has some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the personal information we process.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing. You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to processing of your personal information, which is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- Right to data portability. This only applies to personal information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
- RIGHTS OF NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or would like to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information, please contact us at [contact information].
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process and store your personal information on servers or databases, and use third-party providers, which process personal information outside of the European Union in the United States of America. Therefore, your personal information will be transferred to this location. Please note that the laws in this location may not be as protective as those in your location.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information until the earlier of (i) the information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided; or (ii) we delete your information pursuant to your request. We retain personal information in specific circumstances as follows:
- We retain information collected from cookies for 13 months, after which we will ask your consent again to place cookies.
- We retain your marketing preferences for 3 years from your last interaction with us.
- We retain your information from customer services inquiries for 5 years after the inquiry is resolved.
- We retain information about business transactions with you for 10 years after the business relationship is terminated.
- We retain your personal information for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or as necessary to protect our legal rights or for certain business requirements. This includes for security, fraud, and abuse prevention, for financial record-keeping, or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Even if you delete personal information, please keep in mind that the deletion by our third-party providers may not be immediate and that the deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Services or any assistance you request.
- DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT).
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the information we collect and maintain, including, but not limited to, encryption and access controls. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
- CONTACT US
Attn: Data Privacy
2345 Waukegan Rd
Bannockburn, IL 60506
Last modified on December January 7, 2021